How to specify a catgeory on your home page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to specify a catgeory on your home page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  samw 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

incomeclub
    Participant

It seems that Genesis 1.9 no longer supports the category parameter in genesis_grid_loop.  It is now being ignored.

The following will no longer work in genesis_grid_loop in file home.php

‘cat’ => 25

Is there any other way of having the home page only display posts for a specific category?

cspowers
    Participant

I have the exact same problem and issue for my site. Prior to the upgrade to 1.9.1, I used the cat parameter to restrict the posts that show up on my home page to one category. (I have a blog template page on my site that I use to list all posts in all categories).

But 1.9.1 seems to ignore this parameter entirely and now my home page shows all posts in all categories regardless of the cat parameter in home.php.

It’s interesting that in the genesis parameters, I can specify a category for the blog page template so that it includes only specific set of categories. But this is opposite of what I want. I want my blog template page to contain all posts in all categories, but I want the home page to only contain one category.

Also, I would not swear to this, but it appears to me that the posts_per_page parameter is being ignored as well. I seem to get 20 posts on my home page no matter what I set posts_per_page to.

braddalton
    Participant

‘seem to get 20 posts on my home page no matter what I set posts_per_page to’

This may have something to do with Blog pages show at most on the Reading Settings.

varickdesign
    Participant

Not sure if you were able to figure out your issues but check out this link for more info on the grid.

http://wpsmith.net/2013/genesis/genesis-grid-loop-in-genesis-1-9/

samw
    Participant

Hi

Does anyone have an update on this or a workaround, I also need to set up blog-page templates that display a single post category. Using query-args makes no difference and all posts are displayed on the page

Thanks

SEO & Online Marketing Consultant

Metta3 | G+ | LinkedIn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.