How to style search box (Focus Pro)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How to style search box (Focus Pro)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  MelonBird 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

MelonBird

I’ve been struggling with this for a couple of hours, and just can’t figure it out. I want to make the search box in Focus Pro – the one that can go in the top right if you choose it as a “Primary Navigation Extra” in Theme Settings – shorter vertically. I’ve made that whole top ribbon skinnier, but the minute I put the search box in there, its height makes the whole thing taller again.

I’ve been playing with Firebug and just reading the code and searching online, and I just cannot figure out any CSS that’s affecting the size of the search box. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry, I don’t have a publicly available URL to show you the design. My client wants the whole design under lock and key from the world until it’s ready.

AC
    Blocked

Unfortunately it will be difficult to assist you if we cannot see it.

MelonBird

It shouldn’t be. I just want to know how to style the search box. Fortunately, the demos will show you as much as a look at the site would. Focus offers a search box like this for the top right header:

http://my.studiopress.com/themes/metro/#demo-full

See how tall that is? I want one that’s shorter, like this:

http://my.studiopress.com/themes/quattro/

It really seems like it should be a simple CSS issue, but I’ve tinkered with all the CSS that seems to relate to the search form, and it just won’t change sizes.

AC
    Blocked

Well, I have to say this first – when you ask for help and one replies “it will be difficult to assist you if we cannot see it”, it’s not right to respond, “It shouldn’t be” because YOU are the one asking for help from US. Each person’s website could have been modified totally different than the demo, which has happened hundreds of times…. we give 50 responses that don’t work, all because someone said it looked like the demo. With that said, I’ll unsubscribe from here and let someone else assist you.

MelonBird

Well, when I stated up front that my client wouldn’t allow it to be shown, it was far from welcoming to be told that no help would be possible.

You could have asked if I’d modified anything else (I hadn’t). You could have asked to see the stylesheet. Instead, you just instantly washed your hands of my problem, so yeah, feel free to unsubscribe and hopefully someone else will see the thread and take a more positive attitude.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.