How to turn off footer widgets everywhere but the homepage

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How to turn off footer widgets everywhere but the homepage

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  fieldmouse 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

fieldmouse

I am using the Education theme and need to be able to turn off the footer widgets everywhere but the homepage. Can this be done?

nutsandbolts

You can remove the footer widgets function from functions.php and add it to home.php before genesis(); at the bottom.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

fieldmouse

Okay, thanks, trying this!

fieldmouse

Well, that got rid of footer widgets everywhere, including the homepage.

nutsandbolts

Hmmm, that’s interesting. I just did this on a site earlier today (though it was using a different child theme, but that shouldn’t matter).

This tutorial from Brad Dalton may help, depending on how your homepage is set up: http://wpsites.net/web-design/remove-footer-specific-pages/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

fieldmouse

I am reading through that post and it looks awesome. Thanks a million, Andrea!

fieldmouse

Found a snippet there that worked beautifully!
    Thanks for pointing me to such a great resource!

I think the codes I have are rather idiosyncratic – a lot has been deleted I am finding, from the original theme files; that combined with my being a novice at all this is probably why the swap you mentioned didn’t work as it ought to have. Anyway, problem solved – and you are the best! :)

• This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  fieldmouse.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by  fieldmouse.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.