How to upload profile picture in studiopress/bbpress forum?

Community Forums Forums Forum Bugs and Suggestions How to upload profile picture in studiopress/bbpress forum?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kriskl 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kriskl
    Participant

Hi,
    some of you have got pictures in your profiles.. while most posters do not..
    I guess, it is something to do with gravatar accounts?

would not it make more sense to have the option to upload your own avatar from user profile?

kris

ps. the thing is running my own bbpress forums (in genesis framework of course) I have the same issue.. and do not expect our users to use gravatars.. so, I think the solution would benefit many bbpress forum communities.
    not just this one

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

Kris,

Thanks for the recommendation. We can look into the hosted avatars, but I think the plan is to stick with Gravatar. The nice thing about gravatar, it will give you ongoing identity wherever you comment, write, or anything that is using gravatar.

kriskl
    Participant

hi Nick,
    for studiopress users, I suppose it is OK :) as all developers are wordpress one way or another,

but generally, for sites who host content not related to wordpress. hardly anyone is using (or knows about) gravatrs.. so my suggestion was to try and find a solution in general. , hopefully some developers will see the niche for the plugin :)
    that improves bbpress profiles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.