How To Use Categories To Display Content

Community Forums Forums General Discussion How To Use Categories To Display Content

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  picseshu 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

picseshu
    Participant

This may seem rudimentary, but I am having a bear of a time displaying content/blog posts that has been categorized (for example: “Photography”) to show up on a PAGE titled “Photography”. Any tips on what I may be doing wrong and how to correct it? Similarly, I have pages (secondary nav) called “Video Interviews” and I have used the category “video interviews” but I am not able to see that post on that page. Thanks in advance for your help.

braddalton
    Participant

Link to your site please and the category archives in question.

picseshu
    Participant

Brad – Thanks for chiming in. The site is at – http://www.tiffinbox.org BUT it is under wraps until I have these nav options (leading to content rich pages) figured out.

Essentially, I have the Metro child-theme set up. The nav options at the top of the page (on the right) is where I have these categories listed – Photography, Business, Q&A’s, Video Interviews, Gear Reviews. I want each of these links to lead the visitor to a page (for example: http://tiffinbox.org/category/photography) filled with posts that have been categorized with “photography” and so on. I suspect this is a simple fix but it is one that is eluding me. I have selected “photography” for a few posts and updated the posts too but don’t see those appear in these select pages. Does that make sense?

braddalton
    Participant

Just add the links to each category archive as a custom link in the menu you are using. You’ll need to select that menu in the header right widget using the custom menu widget.

picseshu
    Participant

This is actually the secondary navigation menu … but I get your point. Thanks for your input. I’ll try that route too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.