how to use genesis for more than one site?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion how to use genesis for more than one site?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  freddie 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

freddie
    Participant

i have bought and installed genesis and am learning how to use it on one of my sites (freddieomm.com)

i have a subdomain for another, separate site (also registered/hosted on bluehost) which i want to build up from scratch.

but i cannot figure out how to activate or import the genesis software so it will work on that site…

does anyone know how i can do this?

many thanks

freddie

braddalton
    Participant

Install WordPress in your sub domain using Simple Scripts and upload Genesis to the new installation.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

freddie
    Participant

@brad

i’ve been trying to do that but am getting nowhere.

if i go to my subdomain page on bluehost there is no option there to install wordpress.

if i go into simple scripts i get to the page saying i’ve installed wordpress (as a “script”) which i did for the first site – and when i log in to the admin there i don’t find any options to install wordpress for the second site either.. where should i be looking?

braddalton
    Participant

Create the sub domain first.

Then go to Simple Scripts and select the sub domain from the drop down list to install WordPress.

If you get stuck, Bluehost offer a 24/7 online chat.

freddie
    Participant

Okay, I have installed WordPress for the subdomain and can get to the admin page for the site.

How do I now install Genesis and the Genesis Sample?

When I go to Appearance > Themes I get a page of WordPress themes but there is no link to Genesis -

and when I go to Tools > Import I get a list of suggestions but nothing to do with importing a Framework or a Theme -

- where can I track my Genesis down so that I can use it to create my new site?

braddalton
    Participant

Watch this http://studiopress.tv/installing-genesis-framework/

freddie
    Participant

Thanks Brad but that video is out of date and no use in this case.

As I mentioned, when I go to Appearance > Themes, I don’t get a link to “Install Themes” like they show on the video. (If I did, I wouldn’t have asked the question.)

All I get is “Manage Themes” – and no matter where I search, I cannot find how to instal Genesis for my subdomain.

braddalton
    Participant

You’ll also find the upload link where you can upload a zip file of Genesis!!

freddie
    Participant

I wish that were true, Brad!

But I don’t see an upload file anywhere when I go to Appearance > Themes.

Maybe they moved it somewhere else?

freddie
    Participant

anyone else got an idea what’s wrong?

freddie
    Participant

one thing which it might be is that the site has somehow been put on wordpress.com, because when i log in to the admin the adress is:

http://oomkenscom.wordpress.com/wp-admin/

i have tried to move it to .org using the import-export technique but although the email came saying it haqd worked, nothing changed.

does anyone have an idea what i could do to get out of this hole?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.