How would I make a login that displays a different menu?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks How would I make a login that displays a different menu?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Joseph Lee 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Joseph Lee
    Participant

How do I go about creating a navigation bar that is available when one is logged in? Will Buddypress do this? I have no experience about what buddypress does.

How can I lock parts of my site from the public unless they are logged in? Someone said WordPress has this functionality. I know you can become a “subscriber” but I have never done any of this. Some help please.

SoZo

Wordpress does not have that feature built in. You can password enable any page/post. You would need a membership plugin (which BuddyPress is not). To get different menus you would need to unhook the menu then add it back in through a function added to functions.php with the appropriate conditional tags. You could also use the Genesis Simple Hooks plugin for this part if you are unfamiliar with functions.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

Joseph Lee
    Participant

How does one “log in to” wordpress? I don’t know where my site offers that to my visitors? I know there are settings in the wordpress back office that dictate people “signing in” are merely subscribers.

btw, thanks for always helping me Sozo.

SoZo

Joseph Lee
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How would I make a login that displays a different menu?’ is closed to new replies.