I am SURE this is an EASY solution! Please help!!

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks I am SURE this is an EASY solution! Please help!!

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  sabrinao 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

sabrinao

Hello… i have been trying to get a full width image below my logo and navigation and before my content. That is all……

This is now DAY 3 (!) of frustration because ive combed the internet and this forum searching for a solution with no luck. I know its possible because i see sites ALL THE TIME with a full width still image below their navigation and before their content.

I don’t want a slideshow… no featured post image w/text… just a plain old full width responsive image.

It is not a logo, and i dont want it above my navigation (the only results i could find!). Again I just would like a full width responsive image below my sites logo and navigation and before the content area. Can someone please help me????

I have the genesis sample theme.

Thank you!

• This topic was modified 8 months ago by  sabrinao.

Susan

Since I don’t know which theme you are using, I am going to assume you don’t already have a home page widget in place. (It’s easier for us to assist if a) we have your site’s URL, or b) at a minimum, know which theme you are using)

Use this tutorial to add a widget below your navigation: http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/register-widget-area/

Then, add an image to your widget area (either via an image widget, or a text widget).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

sabrinao

Thanks for your reply susan! I have the genesis sample child theme. My website is http://www.brightstartstudios.com. Im gonna check out the link you gave and see if that works. Thank you!

sabrinao

OK! so I just want to THANK YOU for pointing me in the right direction. I didn’t know i needed to create a widget for that area… So that is what ive done. But I don’t see a “image widget” in my collection of widgets… but I do see the registered widget area that i created… so the only time the widget is activated is when i drag something in it.. (ie. calendar, custom menu etc.) BUT i do see a text/html widget so I added an image source code to it and it works! Is this generally what people do??

Susan

Glad you got it to work!

Yes, most people will either put the text/html widget into it, or an image widget (sorry, that’s a plugin!).

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

sabrinao

Thank you so much susan! You’ve been an amazing help!

All the best!

Sabrina

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I am SURE this is an EASY solution! Please help!!’ is closed to new replies.