I built a site using Genesis 2.0.0-RC Updated today to Genesis 2.0.0 Errors

Community Forums Forums General Discussion I built a site using Genesis 2.0.0-RC Updated today to Genesis 2.0.0 Errors

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  evan3168 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

jbuxton61
    Participant

As a small project I built a site using Genesis 2.0.0-RC and the sample theme: http://draft.waldenponddesign.com/sweitzer

Today I updated the site to the site using the auto update and it is all messed up see: http://174.121.3.8/~hailey/

1. The site title went from a logo to text
    2. The CSS formatting is all messed up

Is there a quick fix or do I have to rebuild the whole site?

anitac
    Participant

Did you keep the RC Child Theme or did you install the updated version of the Child Theme that was released with 2.0?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

jbuxton61
    Participant

I kept the RC Child theme that I created

Many thanks for your quick response

-Jeff

anitac
    Participant

Hummm, oh boy. You may have to. I am not quite sure why it did that.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

evan3168
    Participant

Hey Jeff,

I had a similar problem and it’s been traced back to how HTML5 is invoked — the method was changed from 2.0-RC and the 2.0 official release. You’ll want to change this:

add_theme_support( 'genesis-html5' );

To this:

add_theme_support( 'html5' );

Once that happens, your CSS should work again because it will match the HTML5 markup.

For more info, you should read through this thread: http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/why-you-shouldnt-feat-updating-to-genesis-2-0-from-1-9-but-should-from-2-0rc2/

jbuxton61
    Participant

Thank you Evan. That fixed it perfectly

anitac
    Participant

Okay so throw a can at my head! Someone gave me that fix for something totally different last night. So I guess when in doubt for 2.0 – make sure this has been fixed. Thanks Evan!

evan3168
    Participant

No problem! I had the exact same problem, Jeff — luckily it was a fairly painless fix.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I built a site using Genesis 2.0.0-RC Updated today to Genesis 2.0.0 Errors’ is closed to new replies.