I just went live with my first Genesis site

Community Forums Forums Showcase and Feedback I just went live with my first Genesis site

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Landon 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

danielleB

Phew! My first ‘official’ WP site for a client using the Genesis Framework (minimum pro theme) went live today. I learned a lot building this. Probably spent 50 hours on styling alone, but I must have done something wrong because it looks awful on my iPhone (the top menu, which is actually a widget doesn’t really work). It doesn’t look as bad on the larger iPad mini screen though.

Here’s the link. I’d appreciate your feedback. http://www.fredlemirephotography.com

When I tried to share it on Facebook, the thumbnail that FB generated is of the Parallel Plesk Management Panel at my hosting company. Is there an app, huh plug-in to change that?

Thanks for your support!
    Danielle

Danielle

I trust the advice of any web developer addicted to Starbucks (or in Canada, Tim’s).

http://www.fredlemirephotography.com

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

Considering its your first website – you did an awesome job!

For Facebook share issue, install SEO by Yoast plugin and setup website title text, description and default photo.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

Davinder Singh Kainth
    Participant

For menu issue, you can need to play around with media queries code in style.css file for fine adjustments.

Need website customization services or other Genesis / WordPress help ?
    Davinder @ Design Studio iGuiding Media | My Blog | Fresh Genesis Themes Collection

danielleB

Thank you, Davinder. Off to style some more. This forum is great!

Danielle

I trust the advice of any web developer addicted to Starbucks (or in Canada, Tim’s).

danielleB

I love the SEO by Yoast plugin. I’m finally learning something useful about SEO. Thanks for the tip.

Danielle

Landon
    Participant

Nice Job!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.