I need input to help my Prose site look better

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks I need input to help my Prose site look better

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  chalfant 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

chalfant
    Participant

Can someone offer me some suggestions please!
    Not happy with the overall appearance. I know NO CODE so just copying and pasting to get things done.

MY intention here is to have a site for education and support along with a few stories.
    Not looking for anything flashy-
    Thanks

http://thevaperstable.com

braddalton
    Participant

Looks o.k but how are you building your email list?

chalfant
    Participant

Well, I have done nothing about that yet. Later, early next year I will be opening a retail outlet and a new site and will link them together but for now I’m only concerned about layout.

I DO need to think about these things so what is your suggestion?
    I DO want to get a lot of traffic but not much point if the site looks a bit crapy.
    If you haven’t figured it out I’m wanting something like a newspaper……..

Thanks. Enjoyed your youtube vids also!

braddalton
    Participant

Let me know if you want a custom widget for your newsletter sign up form and i’ll give you the code.

I think the site looks fine but you may consider adding some color, high quality images like a slider on the home page. I have the code for this also.

You need some sort of visual impact. Even a great looking image which stretches full width above the fold might do the trick on the home page.

Thanks for the compliment about the vids.

chalfant
    Participant

Brad,

Thanks so much for the feedback.
    Was going to add color and slider but…….. My thoughts were that it may take away from the whole newspaper theme idea yet I am online so should take that into account. Agree it needs something!

Oh, almost to forgot to mention that in this industry there are VERY few creative commons pics; most of the ones out there are poor quality. Part of the reason I decided NOT to add many pics but I agree maybe color is the way to go so as to compensate?

I’d like the codes for your suggestions, please.
    Returning to Sydney later this year where I have equipment to shppt my own vids too.

I’ll shoot you an email in the next day or two. I’d like to support you….
    Many thanks again-

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  chalfant.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  chalfant.

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s the widget for the after single posts newsletter:

And here’s the widget for the home page slider

https://gist.github.com/braddalton/5719755

chalfant
    Participant

Thanks , be in touch………

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘I need input to help my Prose site look better’ is closed to new replies.