Image instead of Dynamic Text for Logo

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Image instead of Dynamic Text for Logo

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  crevilaro 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

steve_seattle
    Participant

Hello community!

I am building a website for a friend’s friend and I had a hopefully simple question.  How would I go about switching the dynamic text on my header with a png image?  The theme I’m working with is Craftiness.

weslinda
    Participant

Looks like the theme uses a custom header.  You can go to Appearance > Header and upload your image there.  You can also turn off the text.  There should be a guide on the image size that you can upload there.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

I have not use your theme, but in general you will need to comment out /** Add support for custom header */ in the functions.php file for the Header metabox to appear. Use /* before function and */ after. See below.

/* add_theme_support( 'genesis-custom-header', array(
    'width' => 1060,
    'height' => 120
    ) ); */

Then upload your logo to the ‘images’ folder of your theme.

Then add:
    .header-image #title a {
    background: url( 'images/your-logo.jpg' ) no-repeat;
    }

to:
    /* Image Header - Partial Width
    ------------------------------------------------------------ */

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

weslinda
    Participant

Why would you disable the custom header option? The desire to add an image to the header is the exact reason it’s there. Easy to manage without needing to know CSS.

Loving the Genesis Life!

Doak Heggeness
    Participant

If you are replacing the Site Title & Tagline with a Logo you use this option. It disables these in Settings/General so a client can add them by mistake.

Doak Heggeness, WordPress Development | Website

weslinda
    Participant

I guess I’d have to disagree with this action. I’m not sure why disabling a feature of Genesis would be the path to take simply because of a concern of what the client “might” do.  I would want my clients to have the easiest solution to adding the header, and I think the Genesis way that’s built into the theme is the best and easiest solution.

Loving the Genesis Life!

crevilaro
    Participant

Me too, this help a lot!

Loving Genesis Life!

Kiaora an Tchau for all!!

Visit and leave an ideia: corporacaoideias.com.br/en/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.