Image overlapping title

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Image overlapping title

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Christina 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Christina
    Participant

Hello everyone. I’m having a small issue with an overlapping photo and headline on my home page. Can anyone help me out? I can’t find the cause of the problem. It’s one of those tiny problems that has me pulling my hair out…

The site is here and it’s the photo above the title “Website Copy” that’s giving me the issue.

Thanks so much!

http://www.uniquewebcopy.com

Robin
    Participant

It looks like there has been some custom css added to h2, h3, h4 to make them display: inline; so the headline is the issue. If you use the Chrome Developer tools and remove that rule the headline goes underneath the image. Wherever you’re adding the custom css would be the place to find it. HTH

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Christina
    Participant

So that’s what it is…thank you.

I made the headlines inline because the owner wanted to use small pictures and headlines on the same page and have the headlines and text wrap, like on this page. That was the only way I could think to do that. Is there a better way I should do it?

Thanks so much!

Christina

Robin
    Participant

Well, if that is what you want, I think you would need to probably set the image to align left instead of none, and then add some padding to give it a little distance. It’s going to bring the copy up alongside the image as well, but inline combined with the alignnone will just have the title still kind of off in the lower right corner, even if you add a margin/padding to the thumb or headline.

I do the best I can with what I’ve got. (say hey on twitter)

Christina
    Participant

Thank you for your help, Robin!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.