Image resizing not working with Genesis 2.0

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Image resizing not working with Genesis 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  danielshaw 1 year ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

kletcetera
    Participant

Hey guys, kinda new on the forum here

Just ran into a problem after installing wordpress 3.6 beta 3 and genesis 2.0 beta a few days ago. I also changed my child theme to Genesis 2.0 sample child theme to try the new html5 functions.

Everything works perfectly, except all the images in my posts/pages are not displayed in their original size. Even if I try to resize them again by clicking on the image —> Edit Image it’ll display it’s original size on the post.

I know you can choose thumbnail, medium, large, etc. on the image upload screen, but with the older version you used to be able to resize it 90%, 80%, 70%, 60% which gives way more options and is way faster than editing in advanced settings. Not a huge problem but if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A much bigger problem is that wordpress doesn’t reduce the image size in kilobytes like it used to.. now it keeps the original image size (often times 300 kb +) and only reduces it proportionally if you downsize the image say you go from 600 x 400 to 300 x 200 it will be 100kb instead of 400kb.. before it used to reduce the image kb size by simply reducing quality or whatever (your eye couldn’t tell). This is a big problem because when your posts go viral that’s some heavy load for the hosting server.

Am I missing something here?

thanks for any help!

http://www.pwnfitness.com

AC
    Blocked

Both WordPress 3.6 and Genesis 2.0 are in BETA and should not be used in a LIVE environment. If you have issues with 2.0 at this time, you should report that to Support.

danielshaw
    Participant

I’m having the same problem, and I’m not using the beta version. Genesis 2.1 with the sixtynine theme…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Image resizing not working with Genesis 2.0’ is closed to new replies.