images on facebook

Community Forums Forums General Discussion images on facebook

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jodzeee 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

allyson9
    Participant

Hi there
    I’m hoping someone can help me figure this out… I’m using the Metro theme for this site and love the theme. However, whenever we post to Facebook (either pasting in a link in FB to a page or post on the site) or use a social media sharing plugin from the site, a badly cropped thumbnail that is in the site’s header, or one of the images that appears on the homepage. There aren’t any options to select another thumbnail (or rather the option is there but no other thumbnails show).

Any suggestions how to make this more effective? Even when there is a featured image in the post, it doesn’t appear as an option to include in the fb post.

I’ve done a lot of research and tried various things but no luck so far. Feeling a bit desperate at this point!

Thanks for any help,
    Allyson

http://philipshepherd.com

braddalton
    Participant

Are you adding featured images to each post?

allyson9
    Participant

Yes, for example, with this post:

http://philipshepherd.com/blog/2014/03/22/radical-wholeness-workshop/

When I post the link to FB, I just see a badly cropped version of the header image that is actually made up of words “Bringing clarity to a chaotic world”

Fb screenshot

braddalton
    Participant

I think it has something to do with the button code. You might want to try a plugin for this.

allyson9
    Participant

Thanks Brad, but what do you mean by button code?

braddalton
    Participant

The code you added which generates the button for Facebook? Or is it a plugin?

allyson9
    Participant

I’m just pasting the link URL into fb directly. (The same issue comes up if I use a plugin’s sharing function.)
    Thanks Brad!

jodzeee
    Participant

allyson9 – did you figure this out? I’m also looking for a solution.

jodzeee
    Participant
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.