implement Schema.org markup

Community Forums Forums General Discussion implement Schema.org markup

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jbculp 7 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

sundance
    Participant

HI,
    I’m trying to implement Schema.org markup as yoast article explain but no success

http://yoast.com/schema-org-genesis-2-0/

did anyone have successfully made it ?

http://www.mepanorama.com

Gary Jones

What specifically are you trying to implement? Genesis 2.0 comes with it already enabled for HTML5 themes.

Changes in Genesis 2.0 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (all 159 of them!) | @GaryJ

sundance
    Participant

Well , If I understand the article that will enhance the Schema.org markup !!?

Gary Jones

What article?

Changes in Genesis 2.0 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.0, 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 (all 159 of them!) | @GaryJ

sundance
    Participant

This one I mentioned it up.

http://yoast.com/schema-org-genesis-2-0/

Gary Jones

Sorry, missed that.

That article outlines what schema.org is, and what Genesis 2.0 already does to implement it. If your child theme already supports HTML5, then you don’t need to do anything.

sundance
    Participant

Thanks Garyl,
    Yes I already converted my theme to html5 .
    regards

Brad
    Participant

That post also mentions how to change the default Schema within Genesis 2.0. If you ever want to change the existing Schema settings in Genesis 2.0 HTML5, I wrote a handy plugin for that which @GaryJ reviewed and refined. http://wordpress.org/plugins/microdata-manager/

sundance
    Participant

Thanks Brad , That’s exactly what I was looking for . You made it easy.

Brad
    Participant

Thanks. Keep in mind the plugin only allows changes to the specific microdata settings. Genesis uses microdata on many elements that the plugin does not cover but those were elements that I didn’t think would ever need to be changed.

jbculp
    Participant

Asking for clarity.
    I’ve looked at a couple of different solutions to this issue but have in no way fully wrapped my brain around the topic. Therefore I”m going to make some observations here and ask for clarity, confirmation or corrections.

Assumptions and use:
    I want to enter customer reviews/testimonials into a Genesis 2.0 theme that is using HTML5. Right now all of these reviews are on one page. I visited the Google Structured Data Markup Helper page and pasted my data into the HTML frame and did the markup. I then pasted that data back into my WordPress Page. It all seems to be valid and perhaps this is the method for doing multiple entries, however I’m hoping for clarity and to be sure I didn’t take the hard path. So that said here are my questions:

1. The plugin listed above by Brad seems to allow for data at the page/post level. I cannot see how it could therefore be used to handle multiple entries on one page. Am I correct?

2. I read the various posts on the Yoast SEO plugin (which I have) and the post on Yoasts’ blog on adding Schema to the plugin within a Genesis framework but it seems that his solution requires one to add code to the functions.php. I’m not against that at all but again wonder if he has designed it to work at a page/post level. His article discusses a post “type” using the example of “Event”. Is this assumption correct?

If #1 and #2 are correct, is it wise to make each “Customer Review” its own blog post and create a post category of “Review” or is my entering them all on one page just as valid? If individual posts, then what is the advantage? Is there a taxinomony or data structure reason? Is it cleaner?

By the way, my Review page only has Reviews/Testimonials. I can see that if one had mixed content it might get a bit odd but each element has the Itemscope and the Itemprop information included with each entry.

I’m hoping someone can help me with this journey for clarity.

JohnC

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by  jbculp.
    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by  jbculp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.