Increased 404's after Genesis Installation

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Increased 404's after Genesis Installation

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  cehwitham 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

tjubb
    Participant

I just looked at my Google Webmaster Tools report on broken links and I have seen an increase in 404′s since installing the Genesis/Metro theme.  Before the Genesis installation, my 404′s were at a constant plateau.  Ever since then they have been gradually increasing.  I can’t put my finger on what the cause is but the timing is suspect.

After reviewing some of the broken links I notice they have some odd formatting that isn’t the standard wordpress scheme.  For instance, some spaces appear in the links in the Google report but there no spaces in the corresponding pages on the site.  Also, some of the links in the Google report are amended with additional data that also does not appear in the actual permalink.  See screencap below for details:

Any idea what is going on and if it is indeed the Genesis/Metro theme that could have triggered this?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk44/tjubb/Junk/404s_zps8edd46f9.jpg

cehwitham
    Participant

What is your domain name? Do you know anything about the jayski.com domain? I can’t see why Genesis would be messing the links up. Something must be linking to your site with bad links or bad links are being inserted into your content somewhere.

Chris

Twitter: cehwitham Web: cehwitham.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.