Infinite scroll (Outreach Theme)

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Infinite scroll (Outreach Theme)

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

enmaku
    Participant

I’m trying to add Jetpack’s new Infinite Scroll capability to this theme and I’ve entered the following in functions.php:

add_theme_support( ‘infinite-scroll’, array(
    ‘container’ => ‘content’,
    ‘footer’ => ‘footer’,
    ) );

When enabled I can scroll to the bottom and I get the little spinning wheel indicating WordPress is thinking… and nothing happens.

What am I missing?

enmaku
    Participant

Bump.

It’s also not displaying the featured image in the post itself. To be clear, they display correctly on the main site, but not on individual pages. I know I could go back through and add the image to every single post manually but my previous theme automatically added featured images to the top of each post and I really don’t want to go through 100+ posts and re-add the images manually.

For a paid product it’s pretty pathetic that it’s this hard to get timely support…

SoZo

Official support with getting your theme set up and installed is handled through the help desk. For customization questions you can use these public forums.

Most themes don’t automatically pull in the featured image anywhere. They simply show what you have inserted into the content. If the theme you are using doesn’t include code to do what you want it to then you either need to switch to a different theme that does or customize the theme to do what you want it to do.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

enmaku
    Participant

I managed to get featured images working properly (and by the way, you’re dead wrong, most themes outside of the Genesis/StudioPress world DO put the featured image in the post itself), now I’m just trying to figure out Infinite Scroll. It’s a built-in part of JetPack now so you guys should probably consider baking it into your themes from the start, maybe make it part of Genesis so the individual themes don’t have to do extra work to support it…

SoZo

Ok, then I should have said most of the Genesis themes. ;)

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  SoZo.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  SoZo.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

FYI, here are some basic instructions on Infinite Scroll

http://www.studiopress.com/forums/topic/integration-with-jetpack-infinite-scroll/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.