Input fields?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Input fields?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tproud
    Participant

Hi, a client wants to have a page designed just like this: http://www.trustdeedcapital.com/trust-deeds-available/ (middle section only – Available Trust Deeds). He wants to be able just to fill out the fields and have the info appear like that. Is there a plugin or a widget that would do the job? Any ideas would be welcome. Thank you!

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    It can definitely be done. The basic idea is to have Custom Post Types. You’d set it up with several fields and labels. So the user adds a new “Deed”, and then you have templating so all these “Deeds” show up in a nice grid like that. Then you’d need to write CSS to make it look pretty. It’s a fairly good-sized coding job, but very doable for a good developer. Special purpose WP themes make heavy use of Custom Post Types, whether for product display, movie reviews, or what-have-you.

For instance, I don’t have the Agentpress theme, but I would guess that it’s Custom Post Typing its little brains out. :-)

Is there a plugin that does this? Possibly, but I don’t know of one. I would just code it myself.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

tproud
    Participant

Thank you so much, Dave! It’s a start.

David Chu
    Participant

You’re welcome.
    There are Custom Post Type plugins for sure, so that’s one avenue, but some coding and geeky setup may be needed, and those will not tend to have the templating, which is important to get your “look” for the output of the Custom Posts.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

anitac
    Participant

If you have any difficulties using Custom Post Types, there is a plugin called WP Property that might help you – http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-property/screenshots/.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.