insert custom widget before posts

Community Forums Forums General Discussion insert custom widget before posts

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  phamhung 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

phamhung
    Participant

Here is what I want to do:

- I have a theme with 2 columns: content in the left and sidebar in the right.

- I want to insert some custom widgets before the content in the left column.

Which hook can I use please? Cannot use genesis_before_post, cause it will insert before every post.

Thanks.

Vajrasar Goswami
    Participant

for this kind of stuff, use Genesis Visual Hook Guide plugin. It will precisely show you where you could hook stuff.

for now I believe you could use genesis before loop or genesis before content sidebar wrap.

Twitter – Vajrasar

anitac
    Participant

Here is the Visual Markup Guide – http://genesistutorials.com/visual-hook-guide/. You can find the location you are seeking with it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

braddalton
    Participant

Here’s some code you can use.

Change the conditional tag if needed to is_single() or is_singular() if you want to display content on all single posts and single pages after the title but before the content.

Code not displaying? Grab it on Github.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

phamhung
    Participant

Thank you, guys. genesis_before_loop and some conditions have resolved my issue.

Cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘insert custom widget before posts’ is closed to new replies.