Inserting a banner in the eleven40 theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Inserting a banner in the eleven40 theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sunil 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sunil
    Participant

Hi,

Can someone help me show how to insert a banner on the eleven40 theme? Currently there is a large orange banner running across which is repeated image of [logo-texture.png]

I just want to replace it with a single long image banner. I saw this image name in the  style.css file. But I’m not sure how to replace it with my banner.

My site url is http://adultacnetreatmentreviews.com.

Thank You.

Regards,

Sunil

wpsmith

You will need to use the custom header functionality in WordPress (add add_theme_support( 'genesis-custom-header', array( 'width' => 960, 'height' => 100, 'textcolor' => '444', 'admin_header_callback' => 'minimum_admin_style' ) );, or change the CSS for #title (#title:before and #title:after).

Travis Smith | Recommended StudioPress Developer & Contributor
    WP Smith | @wp_smith | GitHub

Due to the forums, please paste code using Pastebin, JS Fiddle (for JavaScript) or GitHub.
    How to use Firebug for Designers by SixRevisions

Sunil
    Participant

Hi Wpsmith,

I still don’t quite get it. You are saying the custom header functionality – is that found in the functions.php file?

If yes, where exactly do I need to place the above code? Where do I input my banner image name?

Basically, I just want to use a theme that can be customizable easily. It just seems to be getting more difficult as I have to handle php and css files. Isn’ t wordpress supposed to be something which you don’t really need to know the hard coding and build a nice site easily?

I’m just a little bit disappointed here.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sunil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.