Inserting custom header into Genesis custom theme

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Inserting custom header into Genesis custom theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  trbdesign 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I was trying to use a hook to place an image in the header area so that it would shrink when viewed on smaller screens. I deleted the image from the header settings on the dashboard and edited my functions.php file with code that I found here:

The banner has now disappeared. When I checked firebug, I could see that the header there had nothing in the url  in background CSS, athough I put it there more than once. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be wrong? The site I’m talking about is

Thanks in Advance,

The image won’t automatically shrink.

You’d need to install a responsive header plugin and add different image sizes.

There’s many ways you can display a static header image.

Using CSS
    Install a plugin
    Add HTML to Genesis Simple Hooks header hook field
    Add a custom function

None of these will make your header image responsive unless you have a special plugin or have added code to make it responsive.

Thanks for your help.  I have tried using CSS and adding a custom function. After checking firebug, I can see that custom divs, html, etc. that I added using functions.php are not showing up. I posted the question above to see if anyone had any idea why it’s not working.  Thanks again for taking the time to answer my post though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.