(in)SPYR Favicon – Not Uploading

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks (in)SPYR Favicon – Not Uploading

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Melanie Amorim 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Melanie Amorim
    Participant

Hello.

http://leadershipvitamin.com/

We’ve tried a few plugins for this website above and waited for the favicon .ico file to refresh via FTP (something i read somewhere)
    All in one Favicon
    Genesis Favicon uploader
    Multicons

Nothing seems to be working. Any suggestions ?

Thank you

http://leadershipvitamin.com/

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Browsers tend to hang onto favicons for several weeks – it’s likely working, but you may not be able to see it yet. No plugin is needed, though; I always upload a favicon.ico to the site’s root and one to the child theme’s images folder, and it shows up within a week or two.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Melanie Amorim
    Participant

Thank you. We did that Jan 30th. I will double check and see where the images were placed – and keep waiting a bit longer? Assuming there is not much more to do.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

I got the default Bluehost favicon, so it might be a good idea to check and make sure they’re placed in the right places. Even so, once your browser has “seen” a certain favicon, it can take ages. :/

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Melanie Amorim
    Participant

Will do and relay the news to my client. Thanks again !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.