inSPYRE – Feedburner with Subscribe Widget issue

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks inSPYRE – Feedburner with Subscribe Widget issue

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jtracy 1 year, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jtracy
    Participant

The inSPYRE site says “tutorial coming soon” regarding Feedburner use with the Homepage Subscribe Widget. The old support forum post on the subject was helpful (by the way, Studio Press, you really should organize the forums by Child themes again. That was VERY helpful).

The problem I’m having is that when a person types in their email and clicks Subscribe, it takes them to the Feedburner page where the email section is blank, forcing them to enter their email again. How do I deal with this problem so that either:

A) The email field is filled in when they go to the Feedburner page.

or

B) There is no email field on the home page widget. They click a Subscribe button only and it takes them to Feedburner to enter details.

Also, is it possible to get a Feedburner popup window instead of them leaving the page completely?

Thanks!

Gary Jones

Are you using the eNews Extended plugin?

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

jtracy
    Participant

No. This is the specialized INSPYRE Subscribe Widget formatted for a specific 400×350 place on the homepage. It is called INSPYR Subscribe.

Gary Jones

My mistake. I’ve asked that one of the Spyr team come and answer your question :-)

Changes in Genesis 2.1 – the ultimate guide to every single change in Genesis Framework 2.1 and 2.1.1 (all 88 of them!) | @GaryJ

SPYR Media
    Participant

Hey there! We just updated the Feedburner How To so you can now find all the details you need right here: http://in.spyr.me/how-to/feedburner/

And when using the (in)SPYR Subscribe Widget submissions will open a new window/tab so you’ll be good to go :)

If you have any other q’s just let us know!

jtracy
    Participant

Jeff,

You guys are awesome. I love the theme and your visual support on the page you created helped me identify the problem. It now works perfect. Keep up the great work! Also, I really miss the old forums that split support into child themes. I don’t know if you considered opening your own support forum or not, but it’s an idea as it was really active until they changed the forums to how they are now.

Keep up the great work, Jeff. Your theme rocks and so does your support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘inSPYRE – Feedburner with Subscribe Widget issue’ is closed to new replies.