Installing theme exactly as Demo Previev

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Installing theme exactly as Demo Previev

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  nickthegeek 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

wotold
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to install my Executive theme. This will be static page.

I wish my site looked exactly like the demo preview. Following these guidelines carefully: http://my.studiopress.com/tutorials/import-demo-content/, my page still looks quite different.

Of course I’ve already installed Genesis. When I do it on the example of other templates everything is in order. Could you please check if it is a problem with the file executive.xml?
    What should I do to make my page look exactly like the preview demo?

I’m working on WordPress v. 3.5.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  wotold.

Susan

Without being able to see your site, I can’t really give you much direction other than to ask if you followed all the set-up instructions here:

http://my.studiopress.com/setup/executive-theme/

If you’ve done all that, and it’s still not looking right, you can either a) submit a support ticket for assistance with set up, or b) provide a URL here on the forum and someone can take a look at your site.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

wotold
    Participant

Thanks for answer, this is my page:

http://www.stonekrk.webd.pl/stone.krakow.pl/

Susan

Okay, so you’ve successfully imported the demo content (I see all the sample posts, and the menu items).

Now, you need to set up your home page following the instructions on the link I provided you – the menu, for example, goes in header right; you need to add the plug-in for the slider; you need to populate your widget areas.

The XML file doesn’t set up your site – the XML file provides you with the content (pages, posts etc.) from the demo. You still need to set everything up per the directions.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

wotold
    Participant

OK, Thanks for your answer. I thought that it’s possible to import everything including slider, columns and just change texts, logo etc.

AdShocker
    Participant

Hi Susan, why wouldn’t the XML file setup the site? All the other theme companies I’ve used provides the entire setup of the site. This saves us a ton of setup time.

nickthegeek
    Keymaster

The XML file can only import the demo content, that is how the WordPress import works. We could bypass that and use our own import, but we prefer to use WordPress functionality instead of bypassing it. Additionally we find that by providing the setup tutorials users will learn more about how the theme works so that they can make adjustments for their personal needs more readily.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.