Internal Server Error loading images

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Internal Server Error loading images

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Susan

I have been assisting a lady with her site. She is having difficulties loading images to her media library, and said it happens every time she tries to upload media. I have loaded images with no issue to her site. Here is the message she receives:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Apache Server at bloomdesignsonline.com Port 80

What are her next steps to resolve this? Thanks!

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

http://bloomdesignsonline.com

David Chu
    Participant

G’day,
    That’s a tricky one to diagnose, because it’s a very generic error message. I would actually follow the message and look at the logs, but short of that, I’d check a few common suspects.

Although I’d never recommend Godaddy for hosting, usually they kinda work OK, and allow image uploads. I don’t know about you, but every client I run into tries to use images that are too big. They can’t edit, and stick it right in there from the digital camera. Instant disaster, even if no error message. :-) If she’s doing that, apart from client training, you could try adding this line to wp-config.php:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '64M');

It could be other stuff, too.

Good luck,
    Dave

David Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.