Is it possible to add home.php to Prose?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Is it possible to add home.php to Prose?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  anitac 10 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

FutureExpat
    Participant

I’m wondering if it’s possible to add a home.php file to Prose. I’m trying to duplicate the home page layout of the cre8tive burst theme, but without all of its CSS styling. Simplest way would be to just copy/paste the cr8tive burst home.php file into Prose, but trying to do it with the custom code and changes required by doing it that way is just beyond me. My mess-around test site is listed below

Thanks,
    Susanna

http://writeplacerighttime.com/wordpress

anitac
    Participant

What happened? I thought you were going to start over per your email to me. Did this not help you – http://wpconnected.com/genesis-custom-home-page/?

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

FutureExpat
    Participant

Yes, I was. I had to put it on hold for a couple days, got back into it this afternoon. Prose now does support registering and adding functions for widgetised areas through the custom.php. Since i’m not a programmer or coder and have to rely on cut and paste, I found myself completely overwhelmed when trying to register the widget areas through custom.php from the home.php code. Need to add the is_home function, etc.

I wonder if I’ll have any hair left when I finish with this??? :-)

anitac
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.