Is the Blissful theme still available for purchase?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Is the Blissful theme still available for purchase?

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  SoFlaDesigner 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

SoFlaDesigner
    Participant

I no longer see it on the page of available themes, although it still shows up in the Showcase. Is it still available for purchase?

Thank you!
    Carol

nutsandbolts
    This reply has been marked as private.

SoFlaDesigner
    Participant

Thank you, Andrea, for your quick response. My concern is that it may have been retired because it is not supported with the new version of Genesis. Your thoughts?

Thank you,
    Carol

nutsandbolts

Hi Carol,

Genesis child themes are more like a “skin” that sits on top of the framework to change the way it looks. All the functionality is contained in the framework, which is why you can make changes to your child theme’s files without worrying about an update wiping them out – the child theme will never update. (Sometimes a new version of a child theme is released, but it’s considered a whole different theme/skin. There will never be a notification in your WP dashboard to update the child; only the framework.)

So that’s my long-winded way of saying that it’s safe to use any child theme. The older ones do not contain HTML5 markup, but they are fully compatible with Genesis 2.0 and above. Often, child themes are retired because they are less popular than others or are being replaced by a newer, snazzier theme, but they still work just as well as they always did. :)

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

SoFlaDesigner
    Participant

Thanks again for your feedback. I’ll wait and see when I meet with my client if she still has an interest and let you know. I appreciate the details you provided.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is the Blissful theme still available for purchase?’ is closed to new replies.