Is there a Way to Replace a Page H1 Title with a DIV?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Is there a Way to Replace a Page H1 Title with a DIV?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  eluviis 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eluviis
    Participant

Is there a Way to Replace a Page H1 Title?

Basically, what if you want to name a page, but have it not display its title or have the title be wrapped in H1 tags? That way, you can display some custom text wrapped in a div and h1 at the top of the page/post?

To give you an idea of what I’m trying to do, look at the Studiopress 101 page here: http://www.studiopress.com/get-started

Notice how “We’re Studiopress” is wrapped in a div and H1′s. That’s easy to do, but how do I stop the title of the page to show in the post wrapped it it’s own set of H1′s. (assuming the name of the page is “about” or “start” or whatever.

I’m doing this on only 1 or 2 pages of the entire site by the way.

nglstudios
    Participant

I have the exact same question.

It will be great to remove that title from showing when is a page.

nglstudios
    Participant

I found the answer that was provided by Brian Bourn; simply copy/paste the following code to your “functions.php” file on your child theme:

//***Remove Page Titles From All Pages Except Blog Page Template**/
    add_action( ‘get_header’, ‘bourncreative_remove_page_titles’ );
    function bourncreative_remove_page_titles() {
    if ( is_page() && ! is_page_template( ‘page_blog.php’ ) )
    remove_action( ‘genesis_post_title’, ‘genesis_do_post_title’ );
    }

eluviis
    Participant

Hmmm. I’ll give it a try, thanks. I do however, want to hide the title ONLY on 1 page (it’s an about page). But I should be able to modify that code with a page ID so that it only affects that one page. I’ll try it and report back. Thanks, Danny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.