Is this a Genesis 1.9.1 Bug?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Is this a Genesis 1.9.1 Bug?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  niftycreations 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

niftycreations
    Participant

I work with one publisher that uses remote publishing to my website once the post is approved. All day long I have battling with their authorization. At first I thought it was the latest WordPress update, but the XML-RPC Publishing now has an “on” default. I do not have a problem with authorizing them to remotely publish, it is just every time they try to it automatically unauthorizes them.

The only reason why I do not think it is WordPress is because I know of someone who has the WP update but does not use Studiopress. The publisher was able to remote publish to this other site just fine.

Also, I know of someone else who does have Genesis and they are having the same issues as I am.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Jodi

RonnyMac
    Participant

If there were a problem in Genesis 1.9.x for remote publishing wouldn’t there be more users with the same problem? I remotely publish to half a dozen Genesis blogs, all on 1.9.x and WP 3.5.1, and all seems well. If you find out where the problem is, please let us know.

niftycreations
    Participant

I’m sure there would be more people with the problem if it were Genesis 1.9, but obviously I’m not aware if there are other people with this problem…that’s why I asked. :) It appears it may be a problem with the recent WP update with this particular publisher. They have had numerous other accounts they could not publish to either. WP seems to be commonality.

Thank you for your response!

RonnyMac
    Participant

Check with the host to see if any mod_security changes were made. I once had some sites on a host that was paranoid about security; so much so that I sometimes had trouble saving a post on a site. Sometimes specific words can trip it so it won’t accept posts.

Anita
    Participant

@niftycreations see if this will help – http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/control-xml-rpc-publishing/. Just a suggestion.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

niftycreations
    Participant

Thank you @RonnyMac I will check with the host. I actually did just switch hosts. I did tell them of the problem, but I am going to ask specifically about the mod_security.

@anitac I actually did try that plugin and it did not help at all – but thank you!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.