Is this possible to do?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Is this possible to do?

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  spoll 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

spoll
    Participant

I’m probably stepping out of my abilities but I was wondering, is it possible to have the bkgd blood on top of the scrolling content instead of behind it?

Thanks

http://www.spolltest.com

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    Very funny product idea!

Anything’s generally possible, given unlimited time and money. :-) I’m guessing you mean to have your dripping blood stay in place while content below can scroll upward, right? My first idea was to simply have your “blood” background be fixed, but then the scrolling stuff goes above the blood.

So not dirt-simple. You need to pump out some code that contains the “blood”, and then establish that in a fixed position. The general concept is similar to this, but of course must be altered to apply to the “blood” part.

http://sridharkatakam.com/how-to-set-up-sticky-header-or-navigation-in-genesis/

So like so many requests on this forum, not hard for a developer at all, but fairly tricky for a non-geek.

Cheers, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

spoll
    Participant

Hi Dave-

Thanks! We’re having a lot of fun with them.

Yes, originally the blood was fixed and that led to my initial question. I had a feeling it would be difficult for a “non-geek” such as myself since I already blew up a site when I touched the .php. So I’m happy with this and maybe down the road with a lot more experience I’ll venture into the .php functions.

Or maybe there’ll be a plugin between now and then. :)

Thanks again-
    Scott

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.