Jane Theme – Homepage

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Jane Theme – Homepage

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anita 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mrhiking
    Participant

Hello –

Probably a simple question but here’s what I’m trying to do.

Show 1 post on the homepage. I’m used to seeing a blog.php file in a theme and modifying that. In the Jane theme I don’t see that file. How can I edit my home page. I want to add the author box, comments, and links to next and previous posts.

Thanks!
    - Mike

Anita
    Participant

You would be looking at the home.php file. Are you trying to add one blog so that it shows the author box, comments and linkes to next and previous? Do you want the home page to only be your blogs?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

mrhiking
    Participant

Yep. Pretty simple.

Here is the current home.php. Any idea where/what I change?

<?php

add_action( 'genesis_meta', 'jane_home_genesis_meta' );
    /**
     * Add widget support for homepage.
     */
    function jane_home_genesis_meta() {

if ( is_active_sidebar( 'slider' )) {

add_action( 'genesis_before_loop', 'jane_home_loop_helper' );

}
    }

/**
     * Display widget content for home slider section
     */
    function jane_home_loop_helper() {

if ( is_active_sidebar( 'slider' )) {

echo '<div id="slider">';
    		echo '<div class="slider">';
    		dynamic_sidebar( 'slider' );
    		echo '</div><!-- end .slider -->';
    	        echo '</div><!-- end #slider -->';

}

}

genesis();
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  mrhiking.
    • This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by  mrhiking.

Anita
    Participant

By default, if you don’t add anything to the widget areas, it will show your blog on the home page. But, it won’t show the comment or author boxes. You’d have to add code to the functions.php file probably for that or directly in the home.php file. Using a static home page still will not give the comment or author boxes on the front page. I am looking to see if I can find a tutorial for you.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!

killahfunkadelic
    Participant

I’m trying to limit the posts on the home page of Jane also– but maybe 4-5 or so, not the 10 it seems to be showing by default.. Any ideas?

Anita
    Participant

You may have to do it in two places. First go to Settings > Reading and change 10 to whatever number you want. If that doesn’t fix it – then go to Genesis > Theme Settings and look at the archive settings.

killahfunkadelic
    Participant

ding ding! it was the settings > reading one I missed. It also is only showing 5 posts now on the actual blog page, but i can live with that as long as it’s not so many on the home page feed. thanks!

Anita
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.