Jetpack CSS

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  designbytracy 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

designbytracy
    Participant

This is probably a basic CSS tutorial, but I’m having trouble targeting the CSS selectors that I need to add to my style.css to change the styling of my jetpack carousel. I use firebug and I can edit inside firebug the border-radius and margin-bottom that I want to change, but I don’t want to change the Jetpack CSS file and want to add the rules to my theme style.css, but can’t seem to figure out what the selectors are that I should use. Can anyone help? I’ve included a screenshot of the code that I’m finding with firebug.

Jetpack Carousel code via firebug

This is the code that I want to change to:

.slideshow-window {
    border-radius: none;
    margin-bottom: 40px;
    }

http://www.designbytracy.com/dev/tortediveneziaA/gallery/

anitac
    Participant

If that’s the code you want to change, just add that to your style.css file. If it doesn’t change add !important to it.

Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me! | Plus Me!
    When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!

designbytracy
    Participant

I know that and understand to add !important. I know the rules that I want to add, but I can’t figure out how to pinpoint the exact selectors (ID and CLASS) that I need to add to my style.css. This is coming from the jetpack CSS and I don’t want to edit that file in case of future updates.

designbytracy
    Participant

I figured it out.

#content .entry-content .slideshow-window

I came up with this after numerous trial and errors. I understand CSS enough to edit what is there, but always have a hard time figuring how to target the selectors when they are pulling defaults or something from other places than the style.css.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Jetpack CSS’ is closed to new replies.