Jetpack CSS

This topic is: resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  designbytracy 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

designbytracy
    Participant

This is probably a basic CSS tutorial, but I’m having trouble targeting the CSS selectors that I need to add to my style.css to change the styling of my jetpack carousel. I use firebug and I can edit inside firebug the border-radius and margin-bottom that I want to change, but I don’t want to change the Jetpack CSS file and want to add the rules to my theme style.css, but can’t seem to figure out what the selectors are that I should use. Can anyone help? I’ve included a screenshot of the code that I’m finding with firebug.

Jetpack Carousel code via firebug

This is the code that I want to change to:

.slideshow-window {
    border-radius: none;
    margin-bottom: 40px;
    }

http://www.designbytracy.com/dev/tortediveneziaA/gallery/

AC
    Blocked

If that’s the code you want to change, just add that to your style.css file. If it doesn’t change add !important to it.

designbytracy
    Participant

I know that and understand to add !important. I know the rules that I want to add, but I can’t figure out how to pinpoint the exact selectors (ID and CLASS) that I need to add to my style.css. This is coming from the jetpack CSS and I don’t want to edit that file in case of future updates.

designbytracy
    Participant

I figured it out.

#content .entry-content .slideshow-window

I came up with this after numerous trial and errors. I understand CSS enough to edit what is there, but always have a hard time figuring how to target the selectors when they are pulling defaults or something from other places than the style.css.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Jetpack CSS’ is closed to new replies.