jQuery affecting background image hover

Community Forums Forums General Discussion jQuery affecting background image hover

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  RobCubbon 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

RobCubbon
    Participant

Hi, my jQuery knowledge is non-existent.

However, if you use image sprites on the new Genesis Sample Child Theme, if there is a new part of the background image to show when something is hovered over the transition isn’t instantaneous.

Rather you can “see” one image being replaced with the other. Actually it’s the same on these forums if you hover over the Submit button. It looks cool here but not on the site I’m making!

How do you turn this off?

David Chu
    Participant

The theme still uses Superfish, and one can turn that off.  I have another suggestion before you go that far.

Brian, et al, are working on using CSS3 stuff to phase out Superfish.  So one thing they have in the latest Sample theme is the CSS3 “transition”.  It’s utterly hip, but I’ve already found one spot where it wasn’t cool, a lightbox plugin I was using, so I did a CSS override for it.

I would suggest going into your style.css, and do a find on “transition”.  If you see this line, try commenting out the “transition” lines.  See if that might help.

a,
    a:visited,
    button,
    input[type="button"],
    input[type="submit"],
    .btn {
    -moz-transition: all 0.1s ease-in-out;
    -webkit-transition: all 0.1s ease-in-out;
    transition: all 0.1s ease-in-out;
    }

Obviously you could be more specific than that with CSS overrides, of course.

Best, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

RobCubbon
    Participant

Dave, thank you so much. Thank you for the solution and the explanation. Much appreciated. :)

David Chu
    Participant

Rob,

Glad to help!   And here’s Brian’s recipe for disabling Superfish in case you ever need it.  (I never have yet).

Dave

RobCubbon
    Participant

Thank you again, Dave. I’ve had a look at your site and I really enjoyed your rendition of Summertime. :)

David Chu
    Participant

Rob,

I appreciate that!  Your site has loads of good stuff on it – we should keep in touch.  :-)

Dave

RobCubbon
    Participant

Thank you, Dave, good that we’ve hooked up on Twitter! :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.