Jquery in Executive 2.0

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Jquery in Executive 2.0

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  lvvvvvl 10 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

lvvvvvl
    Participant

Hello,

I’m considering updating my executive 2.0 to the pro 3.0 html5 compatible one but I have a few plugins that rely on my current jquery version. How do I go about preserving all my current jquery and jquery UI when updating the theme?

Also, is jquery stored on my server in executive 2.0 by default or is it using Google CDN. I’ve heard its a smart idea to use google’s for speed and what not.

Cheers

braddalton
    Participant

Its loaded by WordPress if needed.

There’s non jquery in either versiojn of Executive.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

lvvvvvl
    Participant

Thanks Brad for your response. How do I find out what version of jquery wordpress is loading (I have the latest wordpress version)? And will the new executive 3 pro change what jquery wordpress will load?

• This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  lvvvvvl.
    • This reply was modified 10 months, 3 weeks ago by  lvvvvvl.

braddalton
    Participant

No need to worry about that.

I would preview the new theme version first to make sure everything works ok and then activate it.

If you have any problems you can post on these forums however i doubt Genesis will cause any problems with scripts.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

lvvvvvl
    Participant

Hello Brad thanks for responding,

I had an idea that I was wondering if it’s possible to do just for peace of mind to know I can use it as a last resort.

Is there any way to create an executive 2.0 page template for the executive pro update? A page that will be an exact duplicate of what the current executive 2.0 theme loads? I’m loading the html5 at the moment and everything works fine so this could be a good option from my poor understanding.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.