Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widget styling

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widget styling

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Steve@BHQ 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

I have 4 widgets on the home page. The first three are Genesis – Featured Widget Amplified, the 4th, (far right) is a text widget. How can I style it the same as the others?
    Thank you, Steve

http://bassanglerhq.com/damiki/

AC
    Blocked

Your Text Widget would need to be styled by itself with it’s own identifier (Text-5). So if you every switched that one out and replaced it with another one (say Text-10), you would have to style Text-10 to match the other three. Why is #4 different from the other 3 and what are you trying to accomplish with #4.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Hello Anita, where & how would style #4?
    The first three are Featured Widget Amplified, selected a single cat & 1 post with a featured image. #4 is just an image that links to the store; http://damiki.shptron.com/

AC
    Blocked

Okay, so this is what I would do. Create a blog post called Store. Add a category called Store. Then add that featured image to it. Then scroll down to the SEO Settings as seen here. Add the URL of the Store to the Custom Redirect URL.

To exclude the Store category from the archives – go to Genesis > Theme Settings – find Blog Page Template. In the “Exclude the following Category IDs” – add the ID of the Store category (the number, not the name).

Then drag over a Featured Widget Amplified widget, select Store and add it like you did the others. When people click, they will go to the store.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Worked perfectly. Thank you!

AC
    Blocked

That trick can be used for a lot of things. Glad it worked.

Steve@BHQ
    Participant

Yup, I bet! I’ll use it for the Catalog page as well when we get the PDF online.
    Thank You.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Lifestyle 2.0.2 Home widget styling’ is closed to new replies.