Lifestyle – different layout for each page

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lifestyle – different layout for each page

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  David Chu 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

slan4itze
    Participant

Hi,

I have lifestyle theme.

I would like every different page to be with different layout. Is that posible?

Many thanks,

M

http://www.justmakeawish.co.uk

David Chu
    Participant

Hi,
    It depends on how different you want the layout. In a Genesis theme, at the bottom of each Page or Post are layout settings, so you can change the column structure. (unless that theme has some of those options shut off – it is possible to do that, too).

I have one designer colleague who once asked for different colour schemes on many pages. I handled that with CSS – by using the “custom body class”, also set at the bottom of your pages, and then writing pinches of styling for them.

If you’re talking major structural differences, yes, anything is possible, but requires PHP programming skills. You’d either use the great Genesis hooks (that’s what I do), or you could create special page templates, for instance.

Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

slan4itze
    Participant

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your respond.

I want something simple – just to keep my home page the same but the pages inside the be with one colon on the right side.

At the moment I don’t have this option and I don’t know how to activate it.

If you can help me with this will awesome.

Thanks a lot,

Mariella

David Chu
    Participant

Mariella,
    Go to this in admin:

Genesis….
    You should be at the Theme Settings page. Go down a little to Default Layout. Choose the Content-Sidebar, this will give you a sidebar on the right. Save. That should do it.

If not, Official Studiopress support should be able to help you, I think.

Good luck, Dave

Dave Chu · Custom WordPress Developer – likes collaborating with Designers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.