Lifestyle Theme

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Lifestyle Theme

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

VHurst
    Participant

Hello,

How can I setup my site to reflect the “Featured Music” and “Relationships” (with the post underneath) as found here on the Lifestyle theme demo: http://demo.studiopress.com/lifestyle/

Thanks so much!

Valarie

AC
    Blocked

Yes, what theme are currently using? Each area uses Featured Posts and has the Category selected for Music and Relationship, Fitness, in each respectively.

VHurst
    Participant

Hey Anitac,

I am using Lifestyle.  How do I go about setting it up? Do I just create a post first? Thanks again.

AC
    Blocked

Yes, just create your categories. Then write your posts, select the appropriate category and that’s it. Then drag a Featured Post over to the widget area of your choice. Select the category and the settings you want, save and that’s it.

VHurst
    Participant

Thanks Anitac. I am looking in the Widgets and I see a “home”, “home left” and “home right.” Is this where I enter the information? I am trying to set it up just like this: http://demo.studiopress.com/lifestyle/

Since I already have Categories and Post setup on my website, I just went to Appearance—>Widgets and dragged the Genesis Featured Page widget to the “Home” widget. I also dragged the Genesis Featured Post to “Home Right” and “Home Left.” I entered information to test it, but I can’t get it to work. Is there specific information I must enter to activate it? Thanks again.

AC
    Blocked

You need Genesis Featured Posts. You want Pages to show up? I thought you wanted Categories? What’s on the demo is pulling Categories from your blog posts.

VHurst
    Participant

Entered info in widgets…not working.

AC
    Blocked

Please share a link to your website so I can take a look. Do you have a static home page selected under Settings > Reading? The Latest Posts should be selected in order for the home page to work like the demo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.