Lifestyle theme and forum integration

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lifestyle theme and forum integration

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  leschuler 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

leschuler
    Participant

I’m using the lifestyle theme and genesis framework. I want to integrate a forum with my blog, i’ve been looking at Burning Board, vBulletin and Xenforo. Has anyone used any of them and had them integrated into the lifestyle and genesis framework of a wordpress blog site? If so which one did you like and how easy was it to integrate. Is there a bridge for it? Management issues? Etc…. any and all info really apprecieated. I’m currently using mingle forum, but it just doesn’t have the overall usabilty and extensiveness that other boards offer.

Thanks in advance,

lance

SoZo

None of them really integrate since they are stand alone forums. However Xenforo has a bridge for user registration I believe. I don’t think the other two do.

If you want something simple that completely integrates then take a look at the SimplePress Forum plugin

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

leschuler
    Participant

Thanks, I’ve been doing some research and not much is out there. I might try installing a big forum like vbulletin or burning board and skinning the front page, then adding a menu item to link back to both, but visually you couldn’t tell if it was integrated or not. I belive there is a bridge for vbulletin. So we’ll see.

SoZo

Or of course you could use BuddyPress. Not as robust as vBulletin but it does integrate nicely.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

moyerd2
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

leschuler
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.