Lifetsyle Pro Home Page?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lifetsyle Pro Home Page?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  braddalton 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

fotodog13
    Participant

I am using the ” new and improved? ) Lifestyle pro theme with the latest version of wordpress and studiopress
    I am setting this site up for a client- so I was hoping to use dummy content for them to see how to do things.

I made a test post and published it – Although I did not have anything in the ” Home Top” widget area – the post appeared in this section by itself.

I am wondering if there is something I am missing here. I want to be able to control the homepage and the number of posts that appear on it- I was planning on doing this by adding the ” Featured Post” widget to the “Home Top” widget and configuring that .

Is there some reason why post would automatically be sent to appear on the home page even if nothing is set up in the widget section?

If so WHY ? , doesn’t that defeat the purpose of the Home Widgets?

I am wondering if anyone else has this issue, and if there is any info about how to correct the problem

Thanks to anyone that can give me a clue here.
    * you can see the default widget message that is appearing on the ” Home” page now- when you go to the site.
    There is nothing in the ” Home-Top” widgets panel

http://crunchmunchandchew.com/

braddalton
    Participant

When the front page widgets are populated, the home page loop is de-activated.

You can also use the Genesis > Theme Settings > Content Archives to control your posts page set in your Reading Settings.

I would follow the setup guide on the Download page for tips.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

fotodog13
    Participant

Hey Brad,
    Thanks for the reply I get what you are saying the Home page loop is deactivated when you pull a widget into it.

What I am wondering is if I make a set posts – Post 1,2,3 – why these would appear on the home page of the site if no widget is pulled into the ” Home Top ” widget area.

Even if I publish the post- shouldn’t the post remain off the home page and the ” default message ” appear unless a widget is placed in the appropriate front page widget area.

If I look at the custom settings – for this I see that there are 2 options with this theme- a Static home page- not want I want, and one that shows post-
    If posts is selected then it says that posts are automatically added to the home page-
    It seems that once you make a new post and publish it even if you have not configured any widgets it over-writes the default message from the loop and places the post on the home page.

I have used this theme fairly frequently ( prior to this new and improved? ) version and have not had this happen before.

Hope above makes sense- any other thoughts
    ( Not saying it isn’t there but not really seeing anything in the download guide that mentions this )

Best
    Scott V

braddalton
    Participant

That’s right. The home page loop includes your latest posts unless you populate the home page widgets with something else.

WordPress Developer & Consultant
    Brad Dalton400+ StudioPress Tutorials & 1200+ Code snippets

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.