Limit Display of Blog Articles to Number of Lines

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Limit Display of Blog Articles to Number of Lines

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bamajr 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bamajr
    Participant

My website is http://bamajr.com. My Front Page displays my Latest Posts. The current theme is a very basic child theme, providing only small customizations to the basic Genesis Framework layout.

I have a specific visual idea, which I’m having trouble implementing. I want the text, to the right of my featured image and below the stars (ratings) to only display a specific number of lines, instead of number of words/characters.

If you look at the linked image below, there are four complete lines of text and a fifth partial line.

https://bamajr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/front-page-displays-your-latest-posts.jpg

Sometimes, the fifth line only contains:

[...]

I’m trying to find a way, to only display four lines of text total, no more and no less. I don’t care how many words/characters are shown in those four lines. I just do not want these “summaries” to ever wrap to a fifth line.

Does anyone know of built-in way (filter or something) to implement this?

If not, does anyone have any suggestion as to how to achieve this?

Where to find me: APP.net | Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Website

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Image I added in the composition of original post, did not show up when I submitted the post
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Images are being removed from my posts. Added link to image instead of embedding the image
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Image I added in the composition of original post, did not show up when I submitted the post
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by  bamajr. Reason: Images are being removed from my posts. Added link to image instead of embedding the image

braddalton
    Participant

Use the content rather than excerpt in the Content Archives settings and use the same featured image size on all so that way you can set the character limit to 4 lines only.

Display Post Content

Limit Characters to …..

bamajr
    Participant

@braddalton,

Thanks for your response. However, I’m not quite sure I’m following you. I’m already displaying the information by Content.

Where to find me: APP.net | Facebook | Google + | Twitter | Website

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.