Listing posts in Category index pages 2 across

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Listing posts in Category index pages 2 across

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dorian Speed 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

webmonkey
    Participant

I’m looking to pull off this kind of look in the WordPress redo of this site, with 2-across image listings for Posts.

http://grapefruitmoongallery.com/cgi-bin/engine/exec/search.cgi?fields=art_field9&keyword=1&template=index%2Fgolden.html

Any ideas where to start with this?

Dorian Speed
    Participant

I would start with Bill Erickson’s grid loop plugin and configure it to show 0 features on the homepage and however many “teasers” you want.

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

webmonkey
    Participant

Dorian,
    Thanks a lot. That’s a pretty amazing plugin for the functionality it quickly adds. Bill FTW.

There are three things I need to do to make this work visually.

1. I was wanting to reverse the order of the Title and Featured Image. Default is Title first then Image, which creates alignment problems if the title stretches to two lines, eg. http://66.147.244.62/~grapefr3/gallery/paperback-pulp-art

2. I wanted to ditch the Excerpt on these index pages. Presumably that can just be done via CSS selector for each of the category index pages? Is there a better way?

3. I was wanting to add custom fields (eg. artist name and artwork price). Presumably that would be done in Genesis Simple Hooks as I’ve done for individual pages, but set to trigger on Category Index pages? Am I on the right track here?

Cheers

Dorian Speed
    Participant

You know, thinking about this some more, I think it might be better to use a portfolio page layout and just use the Genesis Featured Widget Amplified to configure what’s where on the page and how it’s displayed. Well – wait, let’s see, do you want the archives to also have a grid?

Wait – having looked at your link, it looks like you maybe have this figured out already, except for the custom fields?

Bringing websites Up to Speed
    Firebug will light the way to understanding the secrets of the Internet!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.