Logo as a Background = good?

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Logo as a Background = good?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mealtog 1 year ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mealtog
    Participant

So I noticed theme logos are loaded as a background image. Is this an advantage? Tried a tutorial to change this to an image but it broke Gen 2’s home page. No more widgets left so I went back to default.

Then also tried to make a wider logo but looks like the Metro Pro theme has a limit on the header left section as it is maxed out at 365 pixels or so.

Has anyone customized a Pro theme to use a very wide logo and have it be responsive as well?

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Yes, it’s very possible to change the width and keep it responsive. Just requires a LOT of patience, some changes to functions.php if you’re uploading through Appearance > Header, and a ton of CSS.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Mealtog
    Participant

I wonder why a responsive logo was not built into a responsive theme.

nutsandbolts
    Keymaster

Well, it is built in, as a 365px wide image. It’s not possible for the StudioPress devs to account for every potential image size someone may decide to use, so they pick a recommended size and code for it. Changing that size is fine, but the theme has to be altered to fit.

Andrea Whitmer, Owner, Nuts and Bolts Media
    I provide dev and training services for web designers • Find me on Twitter and Google+

Mealtog
    Participant

To me, using the smallest size possible is not responsive. In fact, it you do make a 365px wide logo, the image will get cut off when your screen size is smaller than this. That is also not responsive.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.