Logo file size for generate theme?

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Logo file size for generate theme?

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jimmyc 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

jimmyc
    Participant

Hello,

What is the logo file size for the generate theme?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Jim

braddalton
    Participant

960 x 100 is the default size.

You could upload a header with your logo and delete the default one or you could add support for custom header and change the height in your child themes functions.php and style.css files.

[php]
    /** Add support for custom header */
    add_theme_support( ‘genesis-custom-header’, array(
    ‘width’ => 960,
    ‘height’ => 100
    ) );
    [/php]

[css]
    #header {
    background: url(images/bg-header.png);
    border-bottom: 5px solid #c61a1a;
    min-height: 100px;
    }
    [/css]

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

jimmyc
    Participant

Why is this so difficult in the sence that studiopress does not just create a simple plugin? Most clients of mine don’t have coding skills.

jimmyc
    Participant

Oh sorry, i forgot to say; thank you very much!

jimmyc
    Participant

And why must i change the header? I only want to upload a logo instead of the standard logo? And which size is the logo?

I love to see a plugin for this that also handles the responsiveness. Because I recently launched http://tabletskopen.net but I also want to use the advertisement section on the right side of the header. Iam verry happy with the Genesis Framework. But I don’t understand why its so hard to use a custom (responsive) logo in a ‘premium theme’.

SoZo

@jimmyc, you don’t need to change the header. Upload your file as logo.png to the theme’s images folder. And it can be any size you want as long as you adjust the style rules accordingly. e.g with the header widget active the title area is 450x100px.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

jimmyc
    Participant

@SOZO, okey, thank you but how do i resize it? Best regards and i like it that your helping me! Thank you

SoZo

Look in the style sheet for logo.png and adjust the dimensions in that rule. You may need to adjust other dimesniosn as well like #header .widget-area if you have a widget in there. I recommend installing the Firebug add on for Firefox or using Chrome’s Firebug Lite which will enable you to right click on any element to inspect it and determine the associated style rules or the selectors required to create new style rules.

John “Nicolas Flamel” Wright | SoZo’s design| John Wright Photography

braddalton
    Participant

There’s a plugin named Genesis Simple Headers if you don’t want to edit code.

Specializing In StudioPress Child Theme Customization.
    500+ StudioPress Tutorials

jimmyc
    Participant

And then? Please understand i have no coding knowledge so i don’t know what to do with this plugin or how to edit it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.