Looking for a theme I can use for an entertainment agency

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Looking for a theme I can use for an entertainment agency

This topic is: not resolved

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

markthedoc
    Participant

Hi

I’m looking for a theme I can use for a website for an entertainment agency.

I would need to put all the artistes on my clients books into categories, so tribute acts, magicians, singers etc and I’d like each one to have their own page where I can have a description, photos can be shown, videos, price etc.

Can anyone recommend a good theme that could offer this functionality please?

AC
    Blocked

Any one of the Studiopress themes would work. Do you want the site to be responsive for mobile devices? Do you want a portfolio type layout for each artists or category? It helps when you can provide a sample site that you like. Do you have a site you’ve seen that you like that you can share?

markthedoc
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I’m not too worried about the theme being responsive. This is a site with similar functionality to the site I’m building.

AC
    Blocked

You will be adding them using Buddypress. No one else would be “joining” the site, i.e., you are not using Buddypress for a social network – is that correct, but merely using it to showcase the profiles?

**I didn’t see you mention Buddypress, but think that might work for you.**

markthedoc
    Participant

That’s correct, I would just be showcasing the acts I have on my books available to hire.

AC
    Blocked

I would say start out with Outreach, Agency or Backcountry first. You can customize those. Install Buddypress, then install GenesisConnect (in that order). Then have at it. Here is a site I have been working on and still very much draft. If you go to one Marc’s page, you will see on the right – a sidebar strictly for him – a place for 1 video, a place for music and a place for his Flickr images. These are 3 separate plugins that you can make to work on each individual performers page. If you need help once you everything installed, send me an email. Just visit my site for my email address.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.