Looking for a theme with wide header and custom background

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Looking for a theme with wide header and custom background

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  azbeth 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

azbeth
    Participant

Hi, I like Lifestyle but recently it went to a small header picture. I’d like a wide header and also be able to tile an image for the background. Does anyone know of one that would work for this?

http://http://howtobeabetterwriter.com

Anita
    Participant

You need to customize the header to fit the size. What is the size of the original header that you want to fill the space?

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

azbeth
    Participant

I want the header to be at least 900 px wide. I don’t like the way the Lifestyle Pro update limits the size to much smaller. So I’m wondering if there is a Genesis theme that allows a wide header and lets me tile an image for the background.

Anita
    Participant

It’s not that it’s limited, it’s just that they opted that the default header be smaller. You can change the settings by going to Appearance > Editor. Click Functions.php on the right. Look for this:

//* Add support for custom header
    add_theme_support( 'custom-header', array(
    	'header_image'    => '',
    	'header-selector' => '.site-title a',
    	'header-text'     => false,
    	'height'          => 110,
    	'width'           => 320,
    ) );

Change the height and width there. Then back to Appearance > Header and upload your header again.

Then go to Style.css and look for this:

.title-area {
    	float: left;
    	width: 320px;
    }

Change 320 to your header width. Then look for this:

.header-image .site-title a {
    	float: left;
    	margin-bottom: 15px;
    	min-height: 110px;
    	width: 100%;
    }

Change the min-height to the height of your header.

When asking for help, please provide a link or screen shot showing your problem!
    Let me help you customize your theme, responsive header, Buddypress, Agentpress or technical issue!
    Visit me here: Cre8tiveDiva.com | Tweet Me!

azbeth
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.