looking for responsive theme with menus that change significantly

Community Forums Forums General Discussion looking for responsive theme with menus that change significantly

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Robin 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

pwrouton1
    Participant

I’m looking for a Genesis-based responsive theme in which the menus do more than just re-arrange themselves when the site is viewed on something as small as a smartphone.

So far, all the demos I’ve looked at show the full set of menu buttons, instead of switching to an alternative menu design (like a single button drop-down) that uses less screen real estate. The biggest problem being that when the visitor lands on the page, all they see is the nameplate and navigation — not actual content that might keep them from bouncing away.

Am I just missing it? Does it exist, but the demos aren’t showing this functionality? Or am I going to have to code my own theme?

Robin
    Participant

The 3 themes I can think of right now that already have the ‘hamburger icon’ when the website is viewed on smaller devices are:
    Minimum Pro
    Expose
    Sixteen Nine

If you are interested in a different theme, you can either use the Genesis Club lite plugin to create the hamburger icon for you or code a mobile navigation using tutorials.

I found Brad Potter’s tutorials to be very helpful in creating mobile navigational menus. http://bradpotter.com/responsive-mobile-navigation-menu-for-the-genesis-theme-framework/

Hope that helps a bit.

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

pwrouton1
    Participant

Thank you, thank you, thank you. This information is exactly what I need, especially the tutorial series.

Hmmm, this forum needs a “kudos” button… Thank you, Robin.

Susan

There’s also the Responsive Select plugin, for those themes which don’t have built in functionality.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I’d love to customize your website! I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Robin
    Participant

You’re welcome! Thanks for your enthusiasm ;-)

Need help customizing your website? Let me know at RKW Media.

I’m taking up The Challenge by answering some of the Unanswered Posts.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘looking for responsive theme with menus that change significantly’ is closed to new replies.