Lost ALL of my Agency formatting & widgets on Genesis 1.9 upgrade

Community Forums Forums General Discussion Lost ALL of my Agency formatting & widgets on Genesis 1.9 upgrade

This topic is: not resolved

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Susan 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

docmas
    Participant

Just upgraded to Genesis 1.9 and my Agency 1 site homepage lost ALL of the formatting and it seems like the widgets placed in the different homepage areas were put into the “inactive” place.

http://menafterfifty.com

Is there an easy way to restore it or do I need to drag everything back, etc., etc. etc. ?

Note: have two Agency 2 websites that don’t seem to have this problem.  Better to upgrade this site to Agency 2 as well?  Reluctant to, as have some custom formats for colors, etc.

HELP!

Thanks,

Adam

docmas
    Participant

FYI, menus all disappeared as well.

Nicolas
    Participant

I don’t know if you already checked it, but in the comments section of the announcement are a lot of resolved issues: http://www.studiopress.com/releases/genesis-framework-19.htm

Blogger from Germany.
    Ich schreibe über Traffic Optimierung und Marketing für Blogs

docmas
    Participant

Thanks, but the upgrade CREATED issues, so what it resolved isn’t relevant to me.

docmas
    Participant

re-enabled menus, but of course there’s still no formatting.  so menus was turned off in the upgrade.  am i going to have to re-enable EVERYTHING?  not a good upgrade if it undermines the child themes.

docmas
    Participant

re-enabled menus, but of course there’s still no formatting.  so menus was turned off in the upgrade.  am i going to have to re-enable EVERYTHING?  not a good upgrade if it undermines the child themes.

actually, my webpage looks purely like a genesis, and no child theme is active at all.

docmas
    Participant

re-enabled menus, but of course there’s still no formatting.  so menus was turned off in the upgrade.

and i put my widgets back into the homepage sections.

AND, still looks like no child theme (Agency 1.01) formatting showing up, color or position.

http://menafterfifty.com

HELP!

Adam

robskidmore
    Participant

Check the name of the folder that your child theme is in. If there is a space in it ( eg. My Theme ) remove the space ( MyTheme ).

I had a similar problem. Everything on the child theme worked except the CSS. After hours of frustration I finally figured it out. Don’t ask my why it happened.

Anyway hope that helps.

Rob

docmas
    Participant

rob, thanks, that pointed me into the right direction, finally got it figured out, though disappointed no one from studio press had anything to offer on this one.

adam

robskidmore
    Participant

Adam,

Glad I could help. I think the Studiopress team is probably in over their heads right now. :-) Just check the comments on Brian Gardner’s post.

Anyway. I’m glad you got it fixed.

Susan

They came out with a version 1.9.1 to fix a bug with users losing their styles. Maybe upgrading to the latest version will assist with any issues (if you haven’t already resolved them).

I believe @robskidmore is probably right – I image they are busy working on the help desk tickets today.

Susan @ Graphically Designing I offer theme customizations I tweet!
    I’ve taken up the challenge! – help me answer some of the unanswered posts

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.