Lost my mobile responsiveness

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks Lost my mobile responsiveness

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mborger 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mborger
    Participant

Hello. In the midst of some changes, I’ve somehow lost the mobile responsiveness of my site (as viewed from my iPhone). I’ve cleared my CDN cache and the WordPress cache plugin to verify.

It might just be one line I messed up but I’m not sure how to fix it. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

http://bigrockinvestments.com

marybaum
    Participant

You haven’t lost it – you just haven’t finished it. Certain things, like the title and widget areas in your header, and the content and sidebar areas in your site-inner div, need restyling inside your narrower media queries – or, preferably, need you to define them as percentages from the top of your sheet.

So not 500px and 300px, but 60% and 30%, or whatever, of the total width. Then, at a certain width – by which I really mean narrowness, you’ll want to remove those floats and make each thing take up the whole width (100%) of the space.

Finally, your video needs to respond to your changing screen size, too. Here are some instructions I’ve used – and actually need to apply to some places in a few other sites (but don’t tell anyone. It’s a secret …) -http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/css-elastic-videos

Hope this helps.

MB

Be it ever so run down, there’s no place like FriendFeed. ;-)

mborger
    Participant

Thank you. I’ll look into those settings, but it was responsive out of the box (Lifestyle theme). And just since late yesterday it became unresponsive (as opposed to me building in the responsiveness myself). Even the video was responsive. Everything was fine – until it wasn’t.

Of course, I don’t know what I did to change it or at what specific point it happened, otherwise I’d just revert.

mborger
    Participant

I took the easy way out – I just looked at the original style.css and copied the entire @media section over my own. I’ll try to avoid any more tweaking – or at least monitor it better.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.