lost site due to php file mess up, help

Community Forums Forums Design Tips and Tricks lost site due to php file mess up, help

This topic is: resolved

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  AC 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gatorman
    Participant

I tired to change something in the php file and lost my site.  Now I get this –

‘Parse error:  syntax error, unexpected ‘;’ in /home/gatorman/public_html/artsewsweet.com/wp-content/themes/fabric/functions.php on line 101′

I had made a copy of the php file before I did anything so I put that back in and I still the error message even though there is not 101 lines.

No idea of what to do now.

AC
    Blocked

Were you editing the Functions.php file when you got the error?

gatorman
    Participant

yes, I was.  so  then I tried to just replace what I had taken out but no luck so then I just replaced an exact copy of the entire php file what was there before I started thinking that would take it back to what it was but after I did that I still get the same message.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  gatorman.

gatorman
    Participant

As a follow up I would like to say I have a browser window open with php functions file edit window there.  so I can still make changes to it.  I am afraid to close out of that however as when I open another browser window and try to go to the site I get the error message.  this is even after I have put back in the php file an exact copy of what was there before I tired anything.

AC
    Blocked

Did you just copy and paste the original or did you upload the original file via FTP?

gatorman
    Participant

just copied and pasted it, did not upload it via http://ftp.  where would I do that?

AC
    Blocked

You need to use an FTP product like Filezilla or go to your hosting account and use the file uploader and upload the file that way. If you are not familiar with this, send me an email through my website and I can assist you off of the forum.

AC
    Blocked

I am closing this since we resolved it offline.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘lost site due to php file mess up, help’ is closed to new replies.